The TOP 5 reasons why TikTok rejected your ads:
To make good ads, of course, we want to be as creative as possible, especially if we’re using a video-sharing platform like TikTok. There is various types of TikTok advertisements that you can use to boost your branding and intrigue users. If it can’t intrigue users’ curiosity or attention, they’ll slip away. As a result, the ads that you’ve made painstakingly will become useless. So, you work & think hard and finally create a creative and intriguing ad. However, TikTok rejected your ads. Maybe you were initially confused, “Why does TikTok reject my ad?”
One of the main reasons TikTok rejected your ad is that your ad does not meet TikTok’s standards & regulations. To minimize this kind of situation, below we have listed down:
1. Landing Page is Not Up to Standard
TikTok provides several conditions for advertiser landing pages so that users remain comfortable while surfing the landing page. Landing pages that do not comply with the provisions of TikTok are as follows:
- Landing pages that have errors or are expired, or sites under construction.
- Landing pages with incomplete content on the web pages.
- Landing pages that are not mobile-friendly.
- Landing pages with the browser’s back button disabled.
- Landing pages, which automatically download files to the user’s mobile phone.
- Landing pages, which require users to download additional programs or input personal information to access the main content on the landing pages.
- Landing pages that display prohibited products.
Downloading applications, official site pages for products or services, or pages for advertised products can use Google Play Store or Apple app store as landing page. Also, e-commerce advertising must display valid information on the landing page under applicable local laws.
2. Inconsistent Ad Creative
The content that you use (captions, text, images, videos) must match the product you wanted to promote. TikTok will reject your ads if the products and brands shown on the video do not match those shown on the landing page. Examples of ads that Tiktok might reject are as follows:
- The product that you are promoting on the video is product A, while the product on the landing page is product B.
- The ad caption says, “Create Your Own Caricature” while the ad video shows “Meet Your Future Self”.
- The name displayed on the ad is AA Face Cream, while the product displayed on the landing page is AA Shampoo or CC Face Cream.
3. The Language Used in The Ad is Ineligible in The Targeted Country
TikTok has its language terms that are used depending on your ads’ targeted country. For instance, advertisers can only use the Thai language when doing advertisement in Thailand. There are high chances, TikTok will reject your ads promotion if you use other languages such as English in Thailand. If you want to advertise in several countries, then you must pay attention to the languages that are eligible for those countries. For example, Indonesia allows the use of Bahasa and English, Singapore allows the use of Malay, Chinese, and English, and the Philippines allows advertisements in Tagalog and English. If you have decided to advertise in Indonesia, Singapore, and the Philippines at the same time, then you can only use English.
4. Issues with Caption, Image, and Video
There are several issues with writing, images, and videos that make your ad rejected by TikTok. Here are the conditions that you should pay attention to when choosing the text, images, and videos on your ad:
- The ads caption/text must not contain a spelling or grammar mistake, causing an undesirable user experience, or use symbols incorrectly among the letters.
- The ads image must not contain blurry, unclear, or unrecognizable visuals, or use columns/pixels to intentionally partially cover images.
- The ads image and video must be legible and of a high resolution.
- The ad video duration must be 5 seconds minimum and 60 seconds maximum on TikTok.
- The ads video must use the standard video size.
Aspect Ratio Resolution Vertical (Recommended) 9:16 720 x 1080 Square 1:1 640 x 640 Horizontal 16:9 1080 x 720
- The ads audio must not be of poor quality, such as containing unclear or unrecognizable sounds, and the information, which appears in the content, must be understandable.
5. Displaying Prohibited or Restricted Contents
TikTok strictly prohibits contents containing illegal drugs, weapons, tobacco products, and electronic cigarettes, political, military, discrimination, and sexual content. For contents that contain alcohol, gambling & lottery, religion and culture and the use of underage models can be passed, but under strict supervision from TikTok. Besides these product advertisements, TikTok also prohibits ads that violate copyright, exaggerate claims, compare products with other brands and display explicit images or videos (blood, dirt, torture, etc.).
These are the 5 main reasons why your ad was rejected by TikTok. Posting ads will indeed be quite a hassle if we don’t understand the rules made by TikTok. To ensure that TikTok did not reject your ads promotion and also meet your expectation, you can read about the terms and conditions on the TikTok for Business website or you can use the services of an advertising agency like us.
We, Nanyang Bridge Media, is one of the earliest TikTok’s authorized partner in Indonesia. You can contact us to find out about our offers regarding TikTok Ads here or simply contact us on our WhatsApp number: +62-811-1687-832 (Steven)